The magazine has agreed to settle a lawsuit with the fraternity at the center of a discredited article in which a woman claimed she had been gang raped.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 21, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - PHI PSI CHI NATIONAL BAND & MUSIC FRATERNITY INCORPORATED
AROUND THE WEB
- Rolling Stone to Pay $1.65 Million to Fraternity Over Discredited Rape Story
By SYDNEY EMBER - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
- 'Rolling Stone' Settles With University Of Va. Over Defamation Case
Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
The magazine, owned by parent company Wenner Media, agreed to pay $1.65 million to the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity. The fraternity said it planned to donate "a significant portion" of the settlement toorganizations that provide sexual assault awareness education.
- That Decisive Moment: Chilling Fervor: This Week’s 8 Best Classical Music Moments on YouTube
Friday Jul 21, 2017
Political messages from the pianist Igor Levit and the conductor Daniel Barenboim were among the highlights.
- 4 Fundraising Principles Reinforced From a Fraternity Convention
By Jeff Jowdy - Thursday Aug 3, 2017
Generous givers inspire me! This past weekend, I had the privilege of attending the fraternity convention of Phi Kappa Theta. I have the honor of serving as chairman of the fraternity’s foundation and was interacting with many generous donors over the weekend...
The post 4 Fundraising Principles Reinforced From a Fraternity Convention appeared first on NonProfit PRO.
- New York Today: New York Today: New Subway Clocks
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Aug 7, 2017
Monday: Rolling out new subway clocks, the Corkscrew Theater Festival, and National Lighthouse Day.
- Newly Unearthed Nirvana VHS Tape Shows How They Got Creative When They Were Broke
By Dan Solomon - Friday Jul 7, 2017
A twenty-year-old Kurt Cobain and bandmates take to a RadioShack to make a music video a year before the band’s first album.
Creative life has always been tough for an ambitious young band without much money, but it’s definitely gotten easier in recent years.