Jana Partners is trying to block an expensive merger between two energy companies. The Barry Rosenstein-led activist hedge fund announced a 5.8 percent stake in Pittsburgh-based EQT Corporation on Monday, and is pushing the company to abandon its announced $6.7 billion acquisition of Rice Energy. The hedge fund is hoping to get more shareholders on...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 02, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - OPQ NEW ENERGY CORPORATION
AROUND THE WEB
- Jana Partners tries blocking pricey energy company merger
By Carleton English - Monday Jul 3, 2017
- New York Today: New York Today: New Subway Clocks
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Aug 7, 2017
Monday: Rolling out new subway clocks, the Corkscrew Theater Festival, and National Lighthouse Day.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
- Trump’s overseas corporate tax plan is spot on
By John Crudele - Monday Aug 28, 2017
The Trump administration is doing the right thing in considering a plan to allow corporations to bring back — “repatriate,” it is called — some $2.6 trillion in corporate profits that were earned overseas and left there because the companies didn’t want to pay US taxes. I advocated this repatriation a long, long time before...
- Conviction Overturned for ex-NY Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver
Thursday Jul 13, 2017
A federal appeals court has overturned the corruption conviction of former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver.
- Woody Allen’s ‘Wonder Wheel’ set to close NY Film Festival
By Deadline - Tuesday Jul 25, 2017
The film will go into limited release December 1.