Six small businesses in Old Oakland are turning the 'pop-up' store trend on its head. With free six-month leases, these stores are trying to go from 'pop-up' to permanent. WSJ's Lauren Rudser reports.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 31, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - OAKLAND FURNITURE STORE 1, CORP.
AROUND THE WEB
- Oakland Stores Go From 'Pop-Up' to Permanent
Thursday Jan 12, 2012
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Neighborhood Is Star-Spangled on Flag Day, and Every Day
By COREY KILGANNON - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Gerald Goldman, 94, a retired Marine who served in World War II, has made hundreds of wooden flags for friends, neighbors and local stores.
- LA Home to Equality Seekers
Wednesday Dec 12, 2012
Top 10 DMAs in which adults say equality for all is extremely important to them.
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
- Miami – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Detroit, MI
- El Paso (Las Cruces), TX-NM
- Davenport – Rock Island – Moline, IA-IL
- Monterey – Salinas, CA
- Tampa – St. Petersburg(Sarasota), FL
- San Francisco – Oakland – San Jose, CA
10. Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ
GfK MRI’s 2011 Market-by-Market Study
This brief initially appeared in
MarketingDaily on December 7.
- Police Are Less Respectful Toward Black Drivers, Report Finds
By JONAH ENGEL BROMWICH - Tuesday Jun 6, 2017
The paper detailed how body-camera footage from officers in Oakland, Calif., showed disparity in the treatment of white motorists vs. black ones.
- Welcome to the softer side of gutted Sears stores
By John Biggs - Monday Jun 12, 2017
If there is any indication of the cultural import and effect of the “millennials” – a term I dislike for reasons I will explain later – look no further than America’s malls. The Baby Boomer hubris and NIMBYism that sent malls into further and further orbits from city centers has come home to roost and it promises to change the face of retail in a big way. First,… Read More
- College Had Expelled Oakland Shooting Suspect
Tuesday Apr 3, 2012
Records show that One L. Goh, the man being detained as a person of interested in Monday's mass slayings at an independent Christian college in Oakland, suffered from years of run-ins with creditors, and he may have been expelled from at least some classes, Jim Carlton reports on the News Hub. Photo: AP.
- IKEA partners with Apple to bring virtual furniture to the home
By David Curry - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
IKEA will be one of the launch partners for Apple’s augmented reality framework, bundled into the iOS 11 release. The new AR app will show customers virtual furniture in their own home. Customers take a series of photos of a room before choosing from IKEA’s vast selection of furniture. The Swedish company expects to have 5,600 products available on the AR app at launch, according to 9to5Mac. See Also: Apple wants you to pay big for their smart speaker IKEA already allows customers to slot renders of furniture in their home, but the Apple technology makes the size and lighting much more...Read More