As part of its ongoing efforts to crack down on unscrupulous debt collectors, the Federal Trade Commission has accused a North Carolina company of running a “phantom” debt collection scheme that went after people for money that they did not actually owe. The FTC announced today that it had filed a complaint accusing ACDI Group LLC and Solutions to Portfolios …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 29, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - NORTHERN MEDIATIONS GROUP LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Debt Collector Accused Of Taking Money From People Who Didn’t Owe Anything
By Ashlee Kieler - Friday Jun 23, 2017
- In Watergate, One Set of Facts. In Trump Era, Take Your Pick.
By JIM RUTENBERG - Monday Jun 12, 2017
Rival versions of the Trump-Russia scandal are fighting for narrative supremacy, leaving news veterans wondering, “What if Watergate happened now?”
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- Megyn Kelly, Alex Jones and a Fine Line Between News and Promotion
Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
The new Sunday newsmagazine host has faced a storm of criticism for sitting down with the lightning rod conspiracy promoter, but he’s relevant. The question is how he’s interviewed.
- A Newsroom and a Lifeline: Univision’s Urgent Sense of Purpose
By JIM RUTENBERG - Sunday Jun 18, 2017
The Spanish-language network is a striking example of a news organization that is meeting the needs of a frightened and information-famished audience.
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- Let’s Settle This in Court: What, Exactly, Is Stand-Up Paddleboarding?
By VICTOR MATHER - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The international surfing and canoeing associations both want to control stand-up paddle and are headed to mediation with Court of Arbitration for Sport.