North Korea released an American college student arrested during a visit last year and serving a 15-year prison term in North Korea, U.S. officials said.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 23, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - NORTH AMERICAN BUDDHIST STUDENTS SOCIETY CORPORATION
AROUND THE WEB
- North Korea Releases Detained U.S. Student
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
- American Student Breaks Down in North Korean Court
Thursday Mar 17, 2016
North Korea released new footage that shows American student Otto Warmbier breaking down in court, where he was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor. Photo: KRT
- Otto Warmbier, American Student Released From North Korea, Dies
By LIAM STACK and MAYA SALAM - Monday Jun 19, 2017
Mr. Warmbier, 22, returned to the United States in a coma last week after brutal treatment by the North Korean government, his family said.
- North Korea Says Otto Warmbier Was Released on ‘Humanitarian Grounds’
By CHOE SANG-HUN - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Pyongyang did not reveal any details of the American college student’s medical condition or the diplomatic negotiations that led to his release after more than a year in captivity.
- Otto Warmbier, American Held by North Korea, Is Evacuated in a Coma
By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS, RUSSELL GOLDMAN and ADAM GOLDMAN - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Held for over a year, Mr. Warmbier, a student at the University of Virginia, was serving a 15-year sentence for trying to steal a propaganda poster.
- Real Corporate Tax Reform: Treat Corporate Earnings as Personal Income
Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Cutting the corporate tax rate is not reform. This is.
- George Soros on His Open Society
Friday Jun 23, 2017
In promoting the "open society," George Soros's deeds undercut his words.
- North Korea Claims Otto Warmbier Sought Regime Change
Sunday Jun 18, 2017
A North Korean official said that Otto Warmbier, the U.S. student released by North Korea last week in a coma after a 17-month detention, was “not an ordinary citizen of America,” adding that he was punished because he had sought to overthrow North Korea’s government.