The film industry in New York City is getting crowded. A decade ago, TV shows and movies could easily film on the steps of City Hall, in Times Square and in Central Park. Now, with the explosion of television and a booming film industry in New York City, destinations common in the early aughts are...
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 29, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - NEW YORK CITY INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- The strange places to catch stars filming in New York
By Lauren Steussy - Thursday Jun 29, 2017
- David Lynch and Ian McKellen to appear at Rome Film Festival
By Variety - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
David Lynch will be feted with a lifetime achievement award.
- New York City and James Blake Resolve Excessive-Force Claim
By BENJAMIN MUELLER - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
As part of the deal with the former pro tennis player, the city will create a new position within the agency that investigates police misconduct.
- Critic's Notebook: Drama, Humor and a Sex Scene Every 15 Minutes
By MIKE HALE - Wednesday Jun 28, 2017
The New York Asian Film Festival spotlights a contemporary reboot of a venerable Japanese genre known as roman porno.
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
- Insurance Giant Aetna Is Leaving Hartford for New York City
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Thursday Jun 29, 2017
Aetna will move to new headquarters in Manhattan, drawn by New York’s emergence as a digital powerhouse, as well as financial incentives.