In the film set during the Occupation during World War II, matinee heartthrob Jean-Paul Belmondo is a country priest who finds himself drawn to a cynical young widow (Emmanuelle Riva), who has abandoned religion for Communism.Melville was part of the French Resistance during the war, so he knew the Occupation inside and outside.The screening Sunday, July 16, at the Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive is a good opportunity to pay tribute to Riva.Berkeley Art Museum & Pacific Film Archive, 2155 Center St., Berkeley.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 11, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - NARAIN LAW, PLLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Melville’s ‘Leon Morin: Priest’ pairs Belmondo, Riva
By G. Allen Johnson - Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
- With Health Law in Flux, Insurers Scramble to Meet Filing Deadline
By REED ABELSON - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Anthem, a major player in the Obamacare exchanges, announced that it would withdraw from Wisconsin and Indiana next year, along with Ohio.
- Twins' Melville struggles in Game 1 loss to White Sox
Monday Aug 21, 2017
AL-worst Chicago has won three of four
- New York Becomes the City That Never Shuts Up
By WINNIE HU - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
With noise complaints doubling over five years and once-quiet neighborhoods offering little refuge, the city is considering a law to help quiet the din.
- Charter promised more broadband but didn’t deliver, now must pay fine
By Jon Brodkin - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
21,000 NY customers did not get broadband on schedule, despite merger promise.
- Police Criticize Trump for Urging Officers Not to Be ‘Too Nice’ With Suspects
By BRIAN M. ROSENTHAL - Saturday Jul 29, 2017
Law enforcement officials condemned the president’s remarks as inappropriate and potentially dangerous. Police supporters said it was clearly intended as a joke.