The New York insurance company that wrote policies for 800,000 questionable Wells Fargo auto loans has been dragged into the bank’s latest scandal. National General Insurance was named in a class-action lawsuit filed against the bank — for allegedly unduly profiting from $80 million in collateral protection insurance that the drivers didn’t need — and...
motor club insurance company
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 14, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN BUSINESS CORPORATION RESERVATION
2014 - MOTOR CLUB INSURANCE COMPANY
AROUND THE WEB
- NY insurance company dragged into Wells Fargo scandal
By Kevin Dugan - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
- 'Junk Insurance' vs. 'Junk News' at the NY Times
Monday Jul 17, 2017
Why is “choice” in matters of one’s personal health suddenly a bad thing?
- With Health Law in Flux, Insurers Scramble to Meet Filing Deadline
By REED ABELSON - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Anthem, a major player in the Obamacare exchanges, announced that it would withdraw from Wisconsin and Indiana next year, along with Ohio.
- Self-Driving Cars Scare Insurance Companies Worried About 'Autonomous Ambiguity'
By Jack Stewart - Wednesday Aug 2, 2017
The Association of British Insurers argues that drivers don’t understand the limitations of these semi-autonomous systems.
- Wells Fargo Forced Unwanted Auto Insurance on Borrowers
By GRETCHEN MORGENSON - Thursday Jul 27, 2017
An internal report shows customers with car loans had costly, unnecessary insurance tacked onto their bills, and 274,000 were pushed into delinquency.
- Wells Fargo, Awash in Scandal, Faces Violations Over Car Insurance Refunds
By GRETCHEN MORGENSON - Monday Aug 7, 2017
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is investigating the lender for not refunding car buyers who bought special insurance and repaid their loans early.