For over 70 years Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) has been used to treat severe depression and there are reports that it could help patients with Huntington’s Disease who experience psychiatric symptoms. Many patients with Huntington’s Disease experience depression, with suicide rates 5 to 10 times higher than the general public. In 21 published case reports where -
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 22, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL CORPORATION
2014 - MICHELE BONTEMPI, LCSW P.C.
AROUND THE WEB
- Does Electroconvulsive Therapy Improve Huntington’s Disease?
Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
- MSH3 Gene Reveals Critical Link With Huntington’s Disease
Wednesday Aug 9, 2017
A recent study published in Lancet Neurology reveals important associations between MSH3 gene mutations and Huntington’s disease progression and disease burden.
- Brazilian Lawmakers Reject Bribery Prosecution of President Michel Temer
By ERNESTO LONDOÑO - Thursday Aug 3, 2017
Despite widespread support for the criminal case to move forward, Brazilian lawmakers voted to spare President Michel Temer from standing trial on corruption charges.
- Padres Make Wise Investment In Michel Baez - Padres Organization Report
By Jeff Sanders - Friday Aug 11, 2017
- New CRISPR technique could accelerate a cure for Huntington's disease and ALS
By Lulu Chang - Monday Aug 14, 2017
A modified version of the CRISPR/Cas9 tool could be used to track RNA in live cells using a method known as RNA-targeting Cas9. This, in turn, could be used to cure ALS and Huntington's disease.