Evidence indicates the 2,300-year-old vase, on display for decades, was illegally dug up from an Italian grave and later sold to the Met at auction.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 13, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - METROPOLITAN AUCTION OF ART, INC
AROUND THE WEB
- Ancient Vase Seized From Met Museum on Suspicion It Was Looted
By TOM MASHBERG - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
- Fixing the Met: Art Lovers Speak
By JASON FARAGO and SOPHIE HAIGNEY - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The next director of the Metropolitan Museum of Art will have a full inbox. Here, 20 well-known Met watchers offer their own bold ideas and expectations.
- Art Review: Bamboo Japanese-Style, From Dynastic Masters of the Art
By ROBERTA SMITH - Thursday Aug 3, 2017
The Met’s first exhibition to focus on bamboo basketry and sculpture traces the material’s presence throughout Japanese visual culture.
- Telling Each Other Secrets in Pictures
Friday Jul 7, 2017
The Metropolitan Museum of Art commissioned 12 artists, paired together, to communicate using visuals for five months. Two paired artists discuss their experiences in this 360 video.
- De Blasio, With ‘Cultural Plan,’ Proposes Linking Money to Diversity
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Wednesday Jul 19, 2017
The Metropolitan Museum of Art and other major institutions escape city budget cuts, while smaller arts groups outside Manhattan may receive new resources.
- A Manhattan Skyline Sketch by Trump Sells at Auction for $29,000
By JACEY FORTIN - Friday Jul 28, 2017
The future president drew and signed it in gold ink in 2005 for a charity event. The only recognizable building in the sketch? Trump Tower.