Deborah Borda, who helped make the orchestra the envy of the music world, left for the New York Philharmonic. But nobody in Los Angeles seems worried.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 07, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - MERMAID MUSIC MANAGEMENT, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Lost Its Leader. Can It Stay on Top?
By MICHAEL COOPER - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
- For Your Consideration: An Increasingly Lavish Emmy Campaign Season
By JOHN KOBLIN and BROOKS BARNES - Monday Jun 19, 2017
Encouraged by streaming services like Netflix, networks are spending heavily to get their shows noticed by prospective Emmy voters.
- Ousted American Apparel Founder Dov Charney Tries Again With ‘Los Angeles Apparel’
By Mary Beth Quirk - Friday Jun 23, 2017
Say what you will about American Apparel founder Dov Charney, but the man is persistent. After he was ousted as CEO of the company he started, he made a failed takeover bid to get it back. Now he’s returned with a brand that doesn’t do much to distance Charney from his past, replacing “American” apparel with Los Angeles …
- Brand TLDs To Change Online Advertising, Marketing In 2013
Friday Dec 28, 2012
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) held a lottery in Los Angeles last week to decide on which of the proposed new top-level domain names will become the first to go live.Among the banks, media companies and Internet companies, Google applied for 101 and Amazon, 76. There were more than 900 applications for generic names like shop, news, music, and movies. Theorganization released the application list in June.
- Venezuela Musicians Rise Up After Violist, 18, Is Killed at Protest
By ANA VANESSA HERRERO and NICHOLAS CASEY - Saturday Jun 10, 2017
Political unrest is testing the loyalties of many who have benefited from the socialist-oriented government, including musicians outraged by the shooting of an unarmed teenager.
- L.A.’s Avocado Toasts: a Guide
By CRYSTAL MEERS - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
"It’s about highlighting what’s at the market in a way that it can be appreciated," says the Sqirl chef and owner Jessica Koslow. "If I was in New York, I wouldn’t be making avocado toast."
- App Platform Phunware Acquires Tapit for $23 Million
Friday Jan 11, 2013
As initially reported in MobileMarketingDaily on January 3, mobile app infrastructure and services firm Phunware announced its late 2012 acquisition of Los Angeles-based mobile ad company Tapit MediaGroup for $23 million. Phunware works with major media such as NFL, TCM, Univision, E!, ESPN, Fox and Discovery on app experiences and management.
- LA Home to Equality Seekers
Wednesday Dec 12, 2012
Top 10 DMAs in which adults say equality for all is extremely important to them.
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
- Miami – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Detroit, MI
- El Paso (Las Cruces), TX-NM
- Davenport – Rock Island – Moline, IA-IL
- Monterey – Salinas, CA
- Tampa – St. Petersburg(Sarasota), FL
- San Francisco – Oakland – San Jose, CA
10. Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ
GfK MRI’s 2011 Market-by-Market Study
This brief initially appeared in
MarketingDaily on December 7.