Acquiring the clothing brand born on the internet is intended to energize Walmart’s e-commerce strategy as it races to catch up with Amazon.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 17, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - MEN'S BARBER & SPA, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Walmart to Buy Bonobos, Men’s Wear Company, for $310 Million
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Barber and Osgerby’s Pacific Task Chair Will Make You Want To Go To Work
By Elizabeth Stinson - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The designers' first task chair marries ergonomics with sleek design.
- Economic Trends: The Amazon-Walmart Showdown That Explains the Modern Economy
By NEIL IRWIN - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The battle to sell men’s shirts and food, and just about everything else, is a competition that will define the future of retail.
- Architects of Social Responsibility: Views of Humanitarian Architecture in Practice
By Jason Schneiderman - Tuesday Jun 6, 2017
What is the role of architecture in civil society, and how has the field’s involvement in humanitarian work changed the profession?
- Walmart Adds Men’s Clothing Retailer Bonobos To Its Collection Of Online Businesses
By Laura Northrup - Friday Jun 16, 2017
When someone says “retailers of upscale men’s fashion,” you probably don’t picture Walmart. Yet the mega-retailer is adding menswear company Bonobos, which started online and now has boutiques in cities and in Nordstrom stores, to its collection of online brands. As rumored a few months ago, Walmart’s Jet subsidiary is acquiring Bonobos for $310 million. It makes a nice …
- That's Hot: Barber in New Delhi Cuts Hair With Fire
Friday Jun 23, 2017
A barber in New Delhi, India is using fire and chemicals to cut hair instead of scissors.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Legislature set to adjourn without deal on mayoral control of schools
By Associated Press - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
New York lawmakers are ready to leave Albany—though they haven't yet agreed to extend Mayor Bill de Blasio's control of New York City schools.The Senate and Assembly are scheduled to wrap up...
To view the full story, click the title link.