The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 19, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - MEDIA ARTS PROJECT INC
AROUND THE WEB
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Rooftop Terrace at Brooklyn Children’s Museum Is Set to Open
By JANE MARGOLIES - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
A decade after it began, an outdoor green space for the museum’s small visitors is finally ready, and it arrives with an impressive design pedigree.
- BioWare reveals its Destiny-like project Dylan, now called Anthem
By Jeff Grubb - Saturday Jun 10, 2017
Electronic Arts and BioWare have reportedly put the Mass Effect series on hold, and that has the renowned developer preparing something new. BioWare revealed its project Dylan during EA’s media presentation before the Electronic Entertainment Expo tradeshow in Los Angeles. The game is now called Anthem, and it will take the stage in a major […]
- State of the Art: How Battling Brands Online Has Gained Urgency, and Impact
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
In a nation where politics have grown pitched, such campaigns suddenly feel like the most effective political action many of us can take.
- art review: Documenta Kassel: Using Art as Their Witness
By HOLLAND COTTER - Friday Jun 23, 2017
A range of projects in Documenta 14 show that art can potentially change history, not just reflect it — and we have serious things to think about.
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- A New Art Project Imagines a Post-capitalist World and Reimagines Museums
By Cyndi Suarez - Monday Jun 19, 2017
A New Museum concept project invites people to imagine a post-capitalist world.