A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 31, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - MAURICE MAYNARD FOUNDATION INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Bezos Family Foundation Awards $25 Million to NYU Langone – Brooklyn
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Kyoko Uchida) - Monday Jul 24, 2017
- That time Maurice Sendak and Carole King wrote a musical
By Barbara Hoffman - Thursday Aug 3, 2017
As it turns out, there really was a Rosie. Maurice Sendak found the spunky inspiration for “Really Rosie” — the musical he wrote with Carole King, in revival this week at City Center — right in his own Brooklyn courtyard. “He’d sketch her from his window,” says Lynn Caponera, his longtime housekeeper, caretaker and head...
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.
- New York Today: New York Today: New Subway Clocks
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Aug 7, 2017
Monday: Rolling out new subway clocks, the Corkscrew Theater Festival, and National Lighthouse Day.