Wednesday: The return of Hollywood’s production mojo, the Uber C.E.O. calls it quits, and a Boy Scout’s incredible merit badge collection — all of them.
magic film productions inc.
7915 1/8 norton avenue
west hollywood, california, 90046
NYS Entity Status
- Merged Out (Mar 26, 2013)
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 26, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
UNAUTHORIZED BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - MAGIC FILM PRODUCTIONS INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- California Today: California Today: Hollywood’s Comeback
By MIKE McPHATE - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
- The Hunt: A Private Roof Deck on the Upper West Side
By JOYCE COHEN - Thursday Jun 8, 2017
A couple wanted outdoor space, and found it, but at the top of a walk-up building.
- Reviving a Lost Language of Canada Through Film
By CATHERINE PORTER - Sunday Jun 11, 2017
The first Haida-language feature film is being shot on Canada’s west coast. The biggest challenge? Fewer than 20 people worldwide speak Haida.
- Kirk Douglas on Surviving a Childhood Home With Little Food and No Heat
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The award-winning actor, now 100, lived in poverty in Amsterdam, N.Y.; then a friendship led him to Hollywood
- Brooklyn, as Hollywood Never Sees It
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Jim McKay’s new film, about bicycle delivery men and soccer in Carroll Gardens and Sunset Park, is having its premiere at BAMcinemaFest.
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Hey Hollywood, here's a beautiful video telling you exactly how to do trans artists justice
By Proma Khosla - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
In 2015, 16 percent of Americans knew at least one trans person. The remaining 84 percent learned about the trans community through television and film — and that year, there was one trans character in a major studio movie.
In media studies, there's a concept of the "burden of representation" — that when there's only one character of a particular gender, race, or sexual identity, that they become responsible for speaking for an entire community through a single character portrayal.
In recent years, Hollywood has come a long way in representing communities not usually depicted in TV and film. But for trans actors, there's still a long way to go. A new video from GLAAD and ScreenCrush featuring rising trans actors explains the importance of telling authentic stories about transgender individuals instead of relegating them to a bit part or a punchline — or an award-winning role for a cis white male. Read more...More about Entertainment, Television, Movies, Social Good, and Transgender Rights
- Apple, Moving In on Prestige TV, Poaches Two Sony Executives
By BROOKS BARNES - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The company’s hiring of two respected leaders, who cultivated shows like “Breaking Bad” at Sony, signaled to Hollywood that Apple is serious about original programming.