The Brooklyn neighborhood synonymous with poverty is working to remake itself without giving in to the forces of gentrification.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 23, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - LOWER GUS, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- No ‘Inner City’ in Brownsville, Brooklyn, Just Overlooked Strengths
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Thursday Mar 30, 2017
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Tenement Museum in New York Names Its New President
By JOSHUA BARONE - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
Kevin Jennings, a former nonprofit leader and Obama official, plans to expand the museum’s reach through virtual and augmented reality.
- Rooftop Terrace at Brooklyn Children’s Museum Is Set to Open
By JANE MARGOLIES - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
A decade after it began, an outdoor green space for the museum’s small visitors is finally ready, and it arrives with an impressive design pedigree.
- Brooklyn, as Hollywood Never Sees It
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Jim McKay’s new film, about bicycle delivery men and soccer in Carroll Gardens and Sunset Park, is having its premiere at BAMcinemaFest.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Media Startups Try a Lower-Cost Model: Unpaid Student Writers
Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Chapter-based, for-profit media companies have been popping up in college markets across the U.S. As more traditional outlets struggle, these student-based sites have a lower-cost model to produce content—and revenue.