Four different “credit repair” operations have been ordered to pay a total of more than $2 million in penalties for allegedly tricking people into thinking their bad credit could be easily fixed.The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau announced today that it filed complaints and proposed judgments against Prime Credit, LLC, IMC Capital, LLC, Commercial Credit Consultants, and Park View Law, …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 13, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC PROFESSIONAL SERVICE LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - LAURIE GATES, ATTORNEY AT LAW, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Four Credit Repair Agencies Accused Of Misleading Customers, Charging Illegal Fees
By Ashlee Kieler - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
- Trump to Nominate Attorney William Emanuel to Labor Board
Wednesday Jun 28, 2017
President Donald Trump selected a second Republican, labor-law attorney William Emanuel, to fill a vacant seat on the National Labor Relations Board.
- Bill Gates Backs Fourth Metamaterials Spinout, Pivotal Commware
By Benjamin Romano - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Pivotal Commware, a year-old metamaterials startup built inside patent licensing and invention business Intellectual Ventures, has raised $17 million from investors including Bill Gates. If that sounds familiar, it should. Pivotal is the fourth Gates-backed company to spin out of Intellectual Ventures armed with software-driven radio-wave bending metamaterials technology. Like its sister companies in satellite […]
- With Health Law in Flux, Insurers Scramble to Meet Filing Deadline
By REED ABELSON - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Anthem, a major player in the Obamacare exchanges, announced that it would withdraw from Wisconsin and Indiana next year, along with Ohio.
- Charter Urges Judge To Throw Out NY's Suit Over Slow Web Connections
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
Cable company Charter is asking a judge to dismiss a lawsuit by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, who alleges that the company duped consumers by delivering slower-than-advertised broadbandspeeds.
- Charter promised more broadband but didn’t deliver, now must pay fine
By Jon Brodkin - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
21,000 NY customers did not get broadband on schedule, despite merger promise.
- Uber to Release Findings of Harassment Probe on Tuesday
Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
An investigation led by the law firm of former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will come to a head when Uber is lay out the details and recommendations of the probe at a weekly all-staff meeting.
- Travis Kalanick, Uber’s C.E.O., to Take Leave Amid Inquiry Into Workplace Culture
By MIKE ISAAC - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
His announcement came as a report to change the company were released by Eric H. Holder Jr., a former attorney general, and his law firm.