The deal is the online giant’s latest push into food retailing.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 05, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - LA NUEVA PIZARELLO GROCERY INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Amazon to Buy Whole Foods in $13.4 Billion Deal
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and NICK WINGFIELD - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- Amazon Deal for Whole Foods Starts a Supermarket War
By RACHEL ABRAMS and JULIE CRESWELL - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The grocery-store industry now faces, in addition to overseas competitors, a deep-pocketed rival with a track record of moving customers online.
- Walmart to Buy Bonobos, Men’s Wear Company, for $310 Million
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Acquiring the clothing brand born on the internet is intended to energize Walmart’s e-commerce strategy as it races to catch up with Amazon.
- Port Authority's search for a CEO has failed, says its chairman
By Daniel Geiger - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
The chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey conceded during a panel discussion hosted by Crain's on Wednesday that the search to find a chief executive to lead the bistate agency...
To view the full story, click the title link.
- State of the Art: In Whole Foods, Bezos Gets a Sustainably Sourced Guinea Pig
By FARHAD MANJOO - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
By purchasing the upscale chain, Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s chief, has a chance to tinker with how people buy groceries — and map the future of the physical store.
- How Whole Foods Became the Organic Giant
By ERIC OWLES - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Over several decades, John Mackey grew a 2,000 square-foot store in Austin into a $13.4 billion deal with Amazon.
- LA Home to Equality Seekers
Wednesday Dec 12, 2012
Top 10 DMAs in which adults say equality for all is extremely important to them.
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
- Miami – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Detroit, MI
- El Paso (Las Cruces), TX-NM
- Davenport – Rock Island – Moline, IA-IL
- Monterey – Salinas, CA
- Tampa – St. Petersburg(Sarasota), FL
- San Francisco – Oakland – San Jose, CA
10. Tucson (Sierra Vista), AZ
GfK MRI’s 2011 Market-by-Market Study
This brief initially appeared in
MarketingDaily on December 7.