The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 25, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - LA COAMENA REST. BAR, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- New York Today: New York Today: Gluten-Free Nightlife
By HANNAH ALANI and JONATHAN WOLFE - Wednesday Jul 5, 2017
Wednesday: Allergy-friendly bars, a female police officer is shot dead in the Bronx, and remembering a jazz great.
- American tourist beaten to death in Greece laid to rest
By Melkorka Licea - Saturday Jul 15, 2017
The American college grad beaten to death outside a bar in Greece, was laid to rest Saturday. Funeral services for 22-year-old Bakari Henderson took place at 11 a.m. at Greater Mount Zion Baptist Church in Austin, Tex., according to King-Tears Mortuary. The young man, who just graduated from the University of Arizona and was visiting...
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
- Insurers Battle Families Over Costly Drug for Fatal Disease
By KATIE THOMAS - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
The case of Exondys 51 poses emotionally charged issues for families of young boys with a rare illness, who are fighting companies to get coverage for an expensive drug approved on a lower bar of proof.