John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 01, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - KMC FOOD ENTERPRISES II LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Kirk Douglas on Surviving a Childhood Home With Little Food and No Heat
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The award-winning actor, now 100, lived in poverty in Amsterdam, N.Y.; then a friendship led him to Hollywood
- Neighborhood Is Star-Spangled on Flag Day, and Every Day
By COREY KILGANNON - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Gerald Goldman, 94, a retired Marine who served in World War II, has made hundreds of wooden flags for friends, neighbors and local stores.
- Lincoln-Sudbury Claims State Title to Round Out Final Nike/USL HSB Top 25
By mschneider - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- Behold This Giant List Of Restaurants Offering Birthday Freebies & Discounts
By Mary Beth Quirk - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
It’s your birthday, and you’re hungry. You’d like to treat yourself to something delicious, something… free. Where should you go? We’ve got a huge list you can start with.Inspired by the tale of this young, enterprising Philadelphia woman who managed to score free coffee, meals, pretzels, more coffee, snacks, and booze without spending a dime, we wanted to …
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- Teens And The Three-Second Rule For Social
Thursday Apr 6, 2017
First the good news: Contrary to a common factoid (can we call it a faketoid?) teenagers - and, in fact, all humans - do not really have attention spans shorter than those of goldfish. In studies withschool-aged kids, it has become apparent that the ability to pay attention varies widely. The reality is really not that teens have short attention spans, it's that they have short attention spans forthings they don't care about.