The Federal Trade Commission’s Funeral Rule exists to make sure that funeral homes don’t charge their customers extra if they choose to get some of the key services elsewhere, like ordering a casket from Costco or from Amazon. In the decades since that rule was implemented, some funeral homes have figured out new ways to effectively penalize customers for trying …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 16, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - KCO FUNERAL LIVERY SERVICE LLC
2013 - KCO EXECUTIVE CAR SERVICE, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Funeral Homes Find Ways To Upcharge Customers Who Buy Caskets Elsewhere
By Laura Northrup - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- North Korea Accuses U.S. of ‘Mugging’ Its Diplomats in New York
By CHOE SANG-HUN - Sunday Jun 18, 2017
Officials returning from a United Nations conference were about to board a plane when federal agents seized a package they were carrying.
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
- Tech Fix: What You Need to Know About the New Uber
By BRIAN X. CHEN - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
The company has been dogged by scandal for months. One response: changes to its all-important app.
- Uber Is Sued by Woman Who Was Raped by One of Its Drivers in India
By MIKE ISAAC - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
The suit, coming after revelations that the company had obtained and mishandled the victim’s medical records, also named the C.E.O., Travis Kalanick.
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- New York City and James Blake Resolve Excessive-Force Claim
By BENJAMIN MUELLER - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
As part of the deal with the former pro tennis player, the city will create a new position within the agency that investigates police misconduct.