Jorge Mas Santos, member of a prominent Cuban-American family, is a contender to buy the Marlins, but baseball’s interest in Cuba complicates matters.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 26, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - JORGE HERNANDEZ HOME IMPROVEMENT INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Ties to Cuba Enhance and Entangle Jorge Mas’s Marlins Bid
By JAMES WAGNER - Friday Jul 21, 2017
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- News Analysis: Tough Task for Next Uber Leader: Mending Fences With Drivers
By KEVIN ROOSE - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
With Travis Kalanick out as Uber’s chief executive, the company has a chance to improve its treatment of drivers. An option for tipping drivers is a start.
- Hobby Lobby Agrees to Forfeit 5,500 Artifacts Smuggled Out of Iraq
By ALAN FEUER - Wednesday Jul 5, 2017
Under a deal with federal prosecutors, the seller of art supplies agreed to return the items, pay the government $3 million and improve the way it collects antiquities.
- A Slump in Tech Stocks That Leaves Some Investors Mystified
By LANDON THOMAS Jr. - Monday Jun 12, 2017
Shares of Netflix, Apple and other giant technology companies that have powered a market rally have taken an uncharacteristic pause.
- Banker Admits to Money Laundering in FIFA Case
By REBECCA R. RUIZ - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Jorge Luis Arzuaga pleaded guilty to money laundering conspiracy, the first banker publicly convicted in a case that has implicated dozens of soccer officials and marketing executives.