Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
AUGUST 21, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
529 WEST 20TH STREET
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10011
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - JANKOSSEN CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- At a Chelsea Art Gallery, an Age Requirement: Over 60 Only
By JAMES BARRON - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
The Carter Burden Gallery seeks to correct an art world problem: Older, lesser-known artists are too often passed over. Thirty-somethings need not apply.
- Artists Space Gallery Finds a New Home, in TriBeCa
By JOSHUA BARONE - Wednesday May 24, 2017
The 45-year-old organization, which left SoHo last June, has signed a lease at 80 White Street.
- Let's Slice Open Mass MoCA, the Biggest Contemporary Art Museum in the US
By Margaret Rhodes - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
A new $65 million renovation makes Mass MoCA the 120,000-square foot gorilla of the contemporary art world.
- Carsten Höller’s Playful Art
Friday Jun 30, 2017
In his first New York exhibition since 2011, Carsten Höller offers flying mushrooms and giant dice. Step into his work in 360 degrees at the Gagosian Gallery.