The fund, run by Daniel S. Loeb, has called on the Swiss food giant to sell its stake in L’Oréal and move more quickly to adapt to changing consumer tastes.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JULY 09, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - J. L. ALLEN CO. NEW YORK LLC
2013 - J. L. ALLEN CO., LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Third Point, a Hedge Fund, Sets Its Activist Sights on Nestlé
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
- Woody Allen’s ‘Wonder Wheel’ set to close NY Film Festival
By Deadline - Tuesday Jul 25, 2017
The film will go into limited release December 1.
- Trump’s Tough Talk on North Korea Puts Japan’s Leader in Delicate Spot
By JONATHAN SOBLE - Friday Aug 11, 2017
North Korea’s accelerating military advances — and President Trump’s volatile response — could complicate Japan’s close alliance with the United States.
- Shareholders Demand More Drastic Shifts at Nestlé
By STEPHANIE STROM - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
The changes requested by the Third Point hedge fund underscore the idea that legacy food brands must radically shake up their portfolios to remain profitable.
- Subway Delays, Again, Disrupt Commutes; L.I.R.R. Will Offer Some Discounts
By EMMA G. FITZSIMMONS - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
In what has become a seemingly weekly ritual, a series of problems cropped up across the city during the morning rush, including signal issues and a train with mechanical problems.
- Why Julie Klausner Devoted An Episode Of Her TV Show To Mocking Woody Allen
By Joe Berkowitz - Friday Aug 11, 2017
“Difficult People” is a show that reclaims being a hater. Julie Klausner reveals why it was important to not spare Woody Allen from its comedic wrath.
“Am I wrong in thinking Elle Fanning is Dakota’s younger sister?” Julie Klausner asks. We’re discussing fresh news about the actress with the equally famous sibling: she’s just signed on to co-star in Woody Allen’s next film. Klausner is not wrong. At 19, Elle is younger by four years.