A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 27, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - J & T BUILDING SUPPLIES, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
- George and Amal Clooney to help 3,000 Syrian refugee children go to school
By Gianluca Mezzofiore - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
George and Amal Clooney are stepping up their efforts to help Syrian refugee children get a formal education in Lebanon.
The Clooney Foundation for Justice said it's teaming up with Google and HP Inc to support the U.N. children's agency, Unicef, and the Lebanese ministry of education in their bid to open seven "second shift" schools for Syrian refugee children.
The project, which includes a $3.25 million donation from the three entities involved, will pay for transportation, school supplies, computers, content, curriculum and teacher training of 3,000 currently out-of-school refugee students. Read more...More about Education, Syria, Social Good, George Clooney, and Amal Clooney
- New York Today: New York Today: New Subway Clocks
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Aug 7, 2017
Monday: Rolling out new subway clocks, the Corkscrew Theater Festival, and National Lighthouse Day.