The authorities said the smart home device made an emergency call, but Amazon and a 911 official said that was not plausible.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 03, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
203 CENTEREACH MALL
CENTEREACH, NEW YORK, 11720
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - IREPAIR SMART DEVICES, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Did an Echo Call 911 During a Domestic Assault? Amazon Says No.
By CHRISTOPHER MELE - Tuesday Jul 11, 2017
- Most Consumers Still Not Familiar With Most Smart Devices
Friday Jul 7, 2017
There are smart devices and then there are consumers who know about smart devices The problem is, there are many more smart devices than there are people familiar with them. Most people arefamiliar with smartphones and smart TVs, since pretty much any phone or TV bought today is, by definition, a smart device.
- Logitech POP Smart Button Kit review: Press here to quickly control your smart home devices
By Christopher Null - By Christopher Null - Thursday Jul 6, 2017
Now integrated with HomeKit, Logitech’s POP button offers simple (but expensive) command over other devices.
- Sounds bad: Researchers demonstrate “sonic gun” threat against smart devices
By Sean Gallagher - Friday Jul 28, 2017
A team from Alibaba Security shows the power of resonant frequencies at Black Hat.
- Smart home device overhears alleged assault, calls police
By Alix Martichoux - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
A smart home device may have saved a life in New Mexico last Sunday. Eduardo Barros was arrested for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend at a home they were housesitting in Tijeras, a city east of Albuquerque, according to ABC News.
- IFTTT vs. Stringify: Which is the best service to connect all your smart-home devices?
By Michael Ansaldo - By Michael Ansaldo - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
These popular automation services can link disparate smart-home and Internet-of-Things devices together. We test both and name the best.