John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 03, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - INTERNATIONAL FOOD TRADERS LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Part-Trader Joe's, Part-Walmart, Lidl Launches; Can Grocery Stores Survive?
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
German retailer Lidl, known for high-quality foods and rock-bottom prices, has opened its first U.S. stores. With plans to open hundreds more, the invasion has every sector of the food world nibblingat its fingernails.
- Trader Joe’s Grainless Granola, GoMacro & BulletProof Bars Recalled Over Listeria Concerns
By Ashlee Kieler - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Granola and protein bars can make a great snack, but they aren’t as good when they come with a side of listeria. For that reason, Trader Joe’s and Wildway grainless granola, along with bars from GoMacro and Bulletproof are being recalled. The companies announced the recalls this week after being notified by a supplier or suppliers that an ingredient used …
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Kirk Douglas on Surviving a Childhood Home With Little Food and No Heat
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The award-winning actor, now 100, lived in poverty in Amsterdam, N.Y.; then a friendship led him to Hollywood
- Hummus, Trail Mixes Recalled For Potential Listeria Contamination
By Laura Northrup - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
What do granola, protein bars, hummus, and trail mix have in common? Other than being healthy and delicious snacks, they’re also items that have been recalled due to a massive recall of dried fruits and nuts that are potentially linked to the same processing plant. We’ve already shared the recall information for grainless granola from Wildway and Trader Joe’s, as …
- Ex-Traders in Britain to Face Currency-Rigging Charges in U.S.
By CHAD BRAY - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
The three former traders will appear in court in Manhattan next month — one of three cases the Justice Department has brought against individuals.
- Take Feta. Add Frites. Stir in European Food Rules. Fight.
By JAMES KANTER - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
European Union regulations protecting consumers and preserving culinary cultures often create tension, sometimes even with the United States.