Sen. Chuck Schumer is calling for either a “special” or “independent” counsel to investigate alleged Russian contact with the 2016 Trump campaign. What’s the difference? WSJ’s Jason Bellini has #TheShortAnswer. Photo: AP
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 02, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
FOREIGN BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - INDEPENDENCE COUNSEL, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Schumer’s Demand: ‘Special’ or ‘Independent’ Counsel
Friday Mar 3, 2017
- Friend Says Trump Is Considering Firing Mueller as Special Counsel
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR and MAGGIE HABERMAN - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Conservative allies of the president have started attacking the credibility of Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel in the Russia investigation.
- Trump Stews, Staff Steps In, and Mueller Is Safe for Now
By GLENN THRUSH, MAGGIE HABERMAN and JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
The president was angered after reading reports that the special counsel might not be impartial. But the White House said Tuesday that he wouldn’t be fired.
- Mueller, Known for Being Above the Fray, Is Now in the Thick of It
By SCOTT SHANE and CHARLIE SAVAGE - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
His appointment as special counsel has thrown him into a political brawl, especially since his early hires include several prosecutors who have donated to Democrats.
- Trump Transition Team Orders Former Aides to Preserve Russia-Related Materials
By ADAM GOLDMAN, JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS and MATTHEW ROSENBERG - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The request, in a memo by transition team lawyers, suggests the inquiry’s special counsel is casting a wide net in investigating possible collusion between Mr. Trump’s campaign and Moscow.
- Kushner Is Said to Be Reconsidering His Legal Team
By BEN PROTESS, JESSICA SILVER-GREENBERG and SHARON LaFRANIERE - Sunday Jun 18, 2017
Some of his allies have questioned the link between his current lawyer and the special counsel appointed to investigate the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.
- A Mother’s Death, a Botched Inquiry and a Sheriff at War
By WALT BOGDANICH - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
The sheriff called it a suicide. When a state investigator raised questions, he became the investigated.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.