As other tourists flock to wealthy shopping districts, some learn from guides about Hong Kong’s underpaid domestic workers and volatile politics.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 06, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - HONG KONG 86 INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Hong Kong Journal: Homelessness, Poverty and Injustice: Touring Hong Kong’s Darker Side
By CHARLOTTE GRAHAM - Monday Jul 31, 2017
- Hong Kong Journal: Crackdown Chills Hong Kong’s Indie Music Scene
By MIKE IVES - Sunday Jul 9, 2017
Restrictive zoning and performance rules are hindering musicians, who are already hard-pressed to find venues that cater to working-class fans.
- Court Deals Major Blow to Hong Kong’s Pro-Democracy Movement
By ALAN WONG - Friday Jul 14, 2017
The court removed four elected legislators, assuring China greater influence over Hong Kong’s government at least until by-elections are held.
- Pro-China and Pro-Democracy Rallies on a Hong Kong Anniversary
Saturday Jul 1, 2017
Pro-democracy and pro-Beijing demonstrations took place in Hong Kong amid a visit by President Xi Jinping of China. Saturday was the 20th anniversary of the handover of Hong Kong from Britain to China.
- A $664,000 Parking Spot Symbolizes Hong Kong’s Property Frenzy
By AUSTIN RAMZY - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
The price illustrates the broader rise in real estate values in Hong Kong, already home to an expensive housing market per square foot.
- Hong Kong's Anxious Anniversary
Friday Jun 30, 2017
Twenty years after the handover, China has reneged on its promises.