#GivingTuesday is less than one month away! [That’s Tuesday, November 29th, in case you missed it!] I’m already getting emails and tweets reminding me to “save the date”... are you ready?
Earlier this week, Daniel and I shared some tips for how to maximize #GivingTuesday with the finalists of the Brooklyn Community Foundation’s Spark Prize, who will each receive a match of up to $5,000 for their donations. This is part of their new local giving campaign, Brooklyn Gives, created to encourage Brooklyn residents and small businesses to come together to support some of Brooklyn’s most outstanding community-based nonprofits.
As part of the training, we offered a week-by-week list of how to plan #GivingTuesday. So if you still haven’t started your preparations, don’t fret. There’s still time and lots of hope!
Week 1 (Oct 31-Nov 6)
- Brainstorm your big idea/approach
- Set your goal(s)
- # of donors
- # of actions
- Dollars raised
- Average gift
- New donors (general and/or monthly)
- New social followers
Week 2 (Nov 7-13)
Outline your plan
- Who will you target?
- Why should people participate?
- What channels will you use?
- When will you send out messages?
- Who will be the sender or signer(s)?
- Begin producing content
Week 3 (Nov 14-20)
Finish content production
- Finalize copy and design; get approval
- Code emails
- Test online giving
- Get staff and board excited
- Tell them what you are doing
- Ask them to participate
Week 4 (Nov 21-27)
- Schedule content
- Share gratitude during Thanksgiving
- Preview your #GivingTuesday campaign as part of other communications
Week 5 (Nov 28-Dec 4)
- Send out your appeals
- Keep supporters posted on updates
- Test "boosting posts" or online advertising
- Raise lots of money on Nov 29!
- Report back on results and say thank you!
- Communications and Engagement Before and During the Giving Season http://www.bigducknyc.com/year-end-communications-and-engagement?
- 29 Ideas for #GivingTuesday 2016 you haven’t thought of http://www.bigducknyc.com/29-ideas-for-giving-tuesday?
- What's hot in year-end fundraising (webinar) http://www.bigducknyc.com/whats-hot-ye-fundraising-webinar?
- So, THAT happened…In-the-trenches reflections on December online fundraising campaign http://www.bigducknyc.com/2015-year-end-campaigns-findings?
- A great year for #GivingTuesday http://www.bigducknyc.com/raising-money-givingtuesday-tactics?