The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 31, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
HARRIETTE L GIBBONS
1709 EAST 174TH STREET
BRONX, NEW YORK, 10472
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - GRACEFUL LIVING INC
AROUND THE WEB
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Critic's Notebook: When Fan Fiction and Reality Collide
By AMANDA HESS - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
The topsy-turvy power dynamics of internet culture are on display in “FANtasies,” a new fan-fiction-inspired web series.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Living the Urban Life Upstate
By KIM VELSEY - Friday Jun 16, 2017
A New York couple who prefer to rent in the thick of things, even in a Hudson Valley town.
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Why Groupon Hasn't Lived Up to Investors' Hopes
Monday Aug 20, 2012
Some early investors of Groupon Inc. have sold or significantly pared back their holdings in recent months. WSJ's Shayndi Raice and Shira Ovide discuss why Groupon has not been able to live up to its investors' hopes. (Photo: Associated Press)
- Echo Show Review: Alexa Gets More Intrusive With Camera and Screen
Wednesday Jun 28, 2017
Amazon.com Inc.’s Echo Show gives a camera and a touch screen to its talking assistant Alexa, increasing her AI capabilities but also making her annoying to live with, Geoffrey A. Fowler finds.
- Kirk Douglas on Surviving a Childhood Home With Little Food and No Heat
Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The award-winning actor, now 100, lived in poverty in Amsterdam, N.Y.; then a friendship led him to Hollywood