The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 17, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - GLAM BEAUTY BAR, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.
- Bull Riding Gets a Glam Makeover
Sunday Mar 5, 2017
Professional bull riding has been around for decades, but ever since talent agent WME-IMG took over the PBR, the sport has been getting a Hollywood-style makeover. Photo: Cem Ozdel/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images
- BrideClick buys shuttered Mode Media to relaunch as Glam
By Bérénice Magistretti - Monday Jun 19, 2017
It’s been a hell of a roller coaster ride for digital media company Mode Media these past few years. From an IPO that never happened to the company abruptly shutting down last September, Mode keeps popping up on our radar. Today, New York-based bridal advertising network BrideClick announced that it has acquired Mode Media’s U.S. […]
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
- Hitting the Books Behind Bars
Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Team Trump should commit to providing inmates an education.
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.