This special-occasion restaurant on the East River in Brooklyn was in many ways a pioneer, yet its understated charm and elegant owner still thrive.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JUNE 19, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - GEO'S WEST INDIAN DELIGHT RESTAURANT, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- View From the River Café: 40 Years of Feasts and Firsts
By BRYAN MILLER - Monday Jul 31, 2017
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- A Panorama of Steel Drums
Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
The rhythm of steel drums signals the approach of the West Indian American Day Parade in central Brooklyn. But rising rents and increasing noise complaints have made it difficult to continue the tradition.
- Sunday Routine: How Shelley Worrell, Creator of CaribBeing, Spends Her Sundays
By ANNIE CORREAL - Thursday Aug 31, 2017
The creator of the Brooklyn-based Caribbean culture hub likes to garden, buy Caribbean produce and check out neighbors’ West Indian Day Parade costumes.
- Tom Colicchio Changes His Restaurant’s Racially Tinged Name
By KIM SEVERSON - Wednesday Aug 23, 2017
The chef is renaming Fowler & Wells, after learning about the name’s connection with the debunked theories of phrenology.
- Adam West: Batman Forever
By Brian Raftery - Saturday Jun 10, 2017
No actor ever managed to make the Dark Knight as delightful as the legendary actor.