Acquiring the clothing brand born on the internet is intended to energize Walmart’s e-commerce strategy as it races to catch up with Amazon.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 05, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY
80 STATE STREET
ALBANY, NEW YORK, 12207
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - FOREST OIL MERGER SUB INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Walmart to Buy Bonobos, Men’s Wear Company, for $310 Million
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Charter promised more broadband but didn’t deliver, now must pay fine
By Jon Brodkin - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
21,000 NY customers did not get broadband on schedule, despite merger promise.
- Economic Trends: The Amazon-Walmart Showdown That Explains the Modern Economy
By NEIL IRWIN - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The battle to sell men’s shirts and food, and just about everything else, is a competition that will define the future of retail.
- How Whole Foods Became the Organic Giant
By ERIC OWLES - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Over several decades, John Mackey grew a 2,000 square-foot store in Austin into a $13.4 billion deal with Amazon.
- EQT to Buy Rice for $6.7 Billion
Monday Jun 19, 2017
EQT Corp. agreed to buy Rice Energy Inc. for $6.7 billion in the latest proposed tie-up between energy producers suffering from low oil and gas prices.
- State of the Art: In Whole Foods, Bezos Gets a Sustainably Sourced Guinea Pig
By FARHAD MANJOO - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
By purchasing the upscale chain, Jeff Bezos, Amazon’s chief, has a chance to tinker with how people buy groceries — and map the future of the physical store.
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.