The Brooklyn neighborhood synonymous with poverty is working to remake itself without giving in to the forces of gentrification.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MARCH 14, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - FLKLR SURF LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- No ‘Inner City’ in Brownsville, Brooklyn, Just Overlooked Strengths
By GINIA BELLAFANTE - Thursday Mar 30, 2017
- California’s Surf Air Acquires Dallas-Based Airline Company Rise
By Angela Shah - Wednesday Jun 7, 2017
[Updated 6/7/17 12:21 pm. See below.] Dallas—Dallas-based aviation startup Rise has been acquired by Surf Air, a California airline membership company. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Rise founder Nick Kennedy will remain with the company as president of the Texas region. [Updated to include comments from the CEO.]“Members loved what we were doing and wanted […]
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Let’s Settle This in Court: What, Exactly, Is Stand-Up Paddleboarding?
By VICTOR MATHER - Friday Jun 16, 2017
The international surfing and canoeing associations both want to control stand-up paddle and are headed to mediation with Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- Brooklyn, as Hollywood Never Sees It
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
Jim McKay’s new film, about bicycle delivery men and soccer in Carroll Gardens and Sunset Park, is having its premiere at BAMcinemaFest.
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017