Drivers’ trip receipts contain signs that the ride-hailing service deducted hundreds of millions of dollars from drivers’ earnings in New York to pay state taxes.
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Sep 29, 1982)
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 25, 1978
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1978 - FIRST CHOICE CAR SERVICE INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- How Uber May Have Improperly Taxed Its Drivers
By NOAM SCHEIBER - Wednesday Jul 5, 2017
- Lyft to Develop Self-Driving Car Technology in New Silicon Valley Facility
By MIKE ISAAC - Friday Jul 21, 2017
The ride-hailing company is opening a research center in Palo Alto, Calif., and plans to collaborate with automakers and tech companies.
- Tech Fix: What You Need to Know About the New Uber
By BRIAN X. CHEN - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
The company has been dogged by scandal for months. One response: changes to its all-important app.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Tesla’s First Mass-Market Car, the Model 3, Hits Production This Week
By NEAL E. BOUDETTE - Monday Jul 3, 2017
After years of producing luxury cars in small numbers, Tesla hopes sales of its new model, priced around $35,000, will push its output to 500,000 cars a year.
- Women of Sex Tech, Unite
By ANNA NORTH - Friday Aug 18, 2017
New York is becoming a cultural center for young women trying to disrupt the male-dominated industries of design engineering and sex toys.