An internal battle at the annual national meeting of Southern Baptists ends in a resolution repudiating white supremacy.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 09, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2013 - FIRST BAPTIST COMMUNITY CENTER INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Southern Baptists Repudiate Racism and White Supremacy after Showdown
By Ruth McCambridge - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
- In Quick Reversal, Southern Baptists Denounce White Nationalists
By JACEY FORTIN - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
At a conference, pastors at first declined a resolution denouncing the so-called alt-right. Facing backlash, they approved a less harsh version.
- Letter of Recommendation: Letter of Recommendation: Karaoke at Home
By JENNY ZHANG - Friday Jul 7, 2017
Solo singing as an antidote to bullying, racism and rage.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Stonewall Inn Project to Preserve Stories Behind a Gay Rights Monument
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
A $1 million grant will go toward conserving the oral histories of those who lived through the 1969 riots.
- Trump Supporters Have a New Anthem, and It Came From Texas
By JACEY FORTIN - Tuesday Jul 11, 2017
A church choir and orchestra performed “Make America Great Again” earlier this month, and President Trump has spread it far and wide on Twitter.