A fire that destroyed 12 homes and burned more than 4,000 acres in the Santa Cruz Mountains last fall was ignited by a portable generator used in a marijuana grow operation, authorities said Thursday.“The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office is still investigating the legality of the operation,” officials for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection said in a statement.The Loma Fire started near Casa Loma Road in the Santa Cruz Mountains on Sept. 26, scorching 4,474 acres and burning for more than two weeks before it was contained on Oct. 12, according to the statement.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 09, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - FIRE MOUNTAIN FARMS CORPORATION
AROUND THE WEB
- Pot farm generator blamed for sparking devastating ’16 Loma Fire
By Filipa Ioannou - Thursday Aug 10, 2017
- FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN NoKo nuke tests could cause collapse, says expert
By firstname.lastname@example.org (Fox News Online) - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
- Barn fire kills more than 100K chickens at egg farm
By Associated Press - Monday Jul 3, 2017
YORK SPRINGS, Pa. — Authorities say more than 100,000 chickens died in a fire that destroyed a barn at a Pennsylvania commercial egg farm in Pennsylvania. The blaze at Hillandale Farms in Tyrone Township was reported around 5:45 a.m. Saturday. Tyrone is about 29 miles (46 kilometers) southwest of Harrisburg. A Heidlersburg Fire Company captain...
- The tragedy of FireWire: Collaborative tech torpedoed by corporations
By Ars Staff - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
"Show us that it's being adopted in the industry, and we'll put it in.”
- Mohonk’s Farm-to-Table Rebirth
By STEVE REDDICLIFFE - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The executive chef at the venerable Hudson Valley resort infused a “dependable” menu with purely regional flavors. The results are delicious.
- Police Say 'Reasonable Grounds' to Suspect Corporate Manslaughter in London Fire
Thursday Jul 27, 2017
Police investigating the deadly blaze at Grenfell Tower said there were grounds to suspect the local council that oversaw the building’s management may have committed corporate manslaughter, according to a letter sent to residents.