The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
APRIL 18, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - FEDERAL LATIN AMERICAN CHAPLAIN ASSOCIATION, INCORPORATED
AROUND THE WEB
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
- Man Tied to Cinder Block and Dumped in Water Was Son of Mob Associate
By ASHLEY SOUTHALL - Tuesday Sep 5, 2017
The body of Carmine Carini, 35, was found floating in Mill Basin in Brooklyn. The police do not yet know why he was killed.
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
- Sale of Brooklyn Housing Complex Would Benefit Trump
By CHARLES V. BAGLI - Wednesday Sep 6, 2017
The owners of Starrett City, the country’s biggest federally subsidized housing complex, are selling the development for more than $850 million. President Trump is a partial owner.
- Latin America Key to U.S. Response to Venezuela
By Suzanne Gamboa - Wednesday Aug 9, 2017
As the situation in Venezuela escalates, experts say the U.S. needs Latin America and the rest of the international community to apply pressure on the South American country.
- Chuck Blazer, Central Figure in FIFA Scandal, Dies at 72
By JERÉ LONGMAN and REBECCA R. RUIZ - Thursday Jul 13, 2017
Mr. Blazer was a gregarious American soccer official who pleaded guilty to a range of charges as part of a federal investigation.