Large galleries with multiple locations grab wider audiences, dominate art fairs and focus on trophy works. Closures threaten emerging artists.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 20, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
1094 MERRICK AVE
MERRICK, NEW YORK, 11566
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - FC ART LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Art Gallery Closures Grow for Small and Midsize Dealers
By ROBIN POGREBIN - Monday Jun 26, 2017
- A Winning Design for a New York Monument to Gay and Transgender People
By JOSHUA BARONE - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the artist Anthony Goicolea had been selected to design the monument in Hudson River Park in Manhattan.
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- Shareholders Demand More Drastic Shifts at Nestlé
By STEPHANIE STROM - Tuesday Jun 27, 2017
The changes requested by the Third Point hedge fund underscore the idea that legacy food brands must radically shake up their portfolios to remain profitable.
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- Third Point, a Hedge Fund, Sets Its Activist Sights on Nestlé
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
The fund, run by Daniel S. Loeb, has called on the Swiss food giant to sell its stake in L’Oréal and move more quickly to adapt to changing consumer tastes.
- Art Review: How a Love of French Art Helped Shape the American Republic
By JASON FARAGO - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Early Americans subscribed to liberté and égalité — but they collected the paintings of the class that went to the guillotine.
- art review: Documenta Kassel: Using Art as Their Witness
By HOLLAND COTTER - Friday Jun 23, 2017
A range of projects in Documenta 14 show that art can potentially change history, not just reflect it — and we have serious things to think about.