NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 02, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - F & H DESIGN CORP. I
AROUND THE WEB
Your #GivingTuesday To-Do List
Wednesday Nov 2, 2016
#GivingTuesday is less than one month away! [That’s Tuesday, November 29th, in case you missed it!] I’m already getting emails and tweets reminding me to “save the date”... are you ready?
Earlier this week, Daniel and I shared some tips for how to maximize #GivingTuesday with the finalists of the Brooklyn Community Foundation’s Spark Prize, who will each receive a match of up to $5,000 for their donations. This is part of their new local giving campaign, Brooklyn Gives, created to encourage Brooklyn residents and small businesses to come together to support some of Brooklyn’s most outstanding community-based nonprofits.
As part of the training, we offered a week-by-week list of how to plan #GivingTuesday. So if you still haven’t started your preparations, don’t fret. There’s still time and lots of hope!
Week 1 (Oct 31-Nov 6)
- Brainstorm your big idea/approach
- Set your goal(s)
- # of donors
- # of actions
- Dollars raised
- Average gift
- New donors (general and/or monthly)
- New social followers
Week 2 (Nov 7-13)
Outline your plan
- Who will you target?
- Why should people participate?
- What channels will you use?
- When will you send out messages?
- Who will be the sender or signer(s)?
- Begin producing content
Week 3 (Nov 14-20)
Finish content production
- Finalize copy and design; get approval
- Code emails
- Test online giving
- Get staff and board excited
- Tell them what you are doing
- Ask them to participate
Week 4 (Nov 21-27)
- Schedule content
- Share gratitude during Thanksgiving
- Preview your #GivingTuesday campaign as part of other communications
Week 5 (Nov 28-Dec 4)
Good luck, and if you’d like to dig into some more #GivingTuesday pearls of wisdom, read these posts:
- Send out your appeals
- Keep supporters posted on updates
- Test "boosting posts" or online advertising
- Raise lots of money on Nov 29!
- Report back on results and say thank you!
- Communications and Engagement Before and During the Giving Season http://www.bigducknyc.com/year-end-communications-and-engagement?
- 29 Ideas for #GivingTuesday 2016 you haven’t thought of http://www.bigducknyc.com/29-ideas-for-giving-tuesday?
- What's hot in year-end fundraising (webinar) http://www.bigducknyc.com/whats-hot-ye-fundraising-webinar?
- So, THAT happened…In-the-trenches reflections on December online fundraising campaign http://www.bigducknyc.com/2015-year-end-campaigns-findings?
- A great year for #GivingTuesday http://www.bigducknyc.com/raising-money-givingtuesday-tactics?
- This cutting board has a built-in knife so you can chop like a pro
By Alex Humphreys - Sunday Jun 11, 2017
Tech, Food, Design, Cutting Board, and Knife Source: Mashable!
- These Gorgeous Designer Gowns Are Made By Blind Dressmakers
By Elizabeth Segran - Monday Jun 12, 2017
When fashion designer Tish Cox decided to grow her business, she found a factory where blind sewers create garments with impeccable craftsmanship.
Elaina Tillinghast, a 54-year-old seamstress, spends her days in a Dallas clothing factory sewing blouses and gowns for Tish Cox, an up-and-coming American designer who counts Zac Posen and André Leon Talley among her fans. The clothes are made from luxurious, brightly colored silks and are full of unexpected flourishes, like billowy sleeves and ruffles. Tillinghast’s sense of the Cox aesthetic comes entirely through touch: She’s been blind since birth.
- A Former Navy SEAL On The Hidden Influencers In Every Team
By Chris Fussell - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
To spot who they are, have every new hire follow this rule for 90 days.
In 2010, I was an executive officer in the Navy, splitting my time between U.S. headquarters and being deployed to an international location. This arrangement proved tricky as my responsibilities at headquarters grew, so I was authorized to hire a civilian to handle budget management, equipment maintenance, travel, and training coordination, among other functions.
- Rooftop Terrace at Brooklyn Children’s Museum Is Set to Open
By JANE MARGOLIES - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
A decade after it began, an outdoor green space for the museum’s small visitors is finally ready, and it arrives with an impressive design pedigree.Source: NYT > Home Page
- I got so worked up over the new Twitter design that it has cost me everything
By Tyler Schmall - Friday Jun 16, 2017
I sit before you a broken man. My job, my house, my car, even my family… every luxury I enjoyed but a week ago, has vanished.
It all began yesterday morning. I sat in my cubicle at work, refreshing Twitter, when I noticed a peculiar difference in the layout. Negligible to most, but not to me. The sharp corners I had come to love and expect from the website of Twitter had suddenly become round and curvy. The profile photos… no longer in that familiar square we all loved, but a wretched circle. The font. O, the font… My eyes could not believe themselves. Read more...More about Tech, Watercooler, Twitter, Update, and Updates Source: Mashable!
- Dad demonstrates a major design flaw in the BabyBjörn
By Brian Koerber - Saturday Jun 17, 2017
Funny, Parenting, Viral Videos, Web Culture, and Culture Source: Mashable!
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017