Dropping the activity of a single gene redirects the organism’s energy to fat.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 31, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - F.A.T. EVOLUTION, LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- Engineered algae puts half of its carbon into fats for biofuels
By John Timmer - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Cycling, boxing and running studios, as well as some full-service gyms, are using sophisticated lighting systems to heighten the exercise experience.
- Ron Howard Takes Over Han Solo Film
By CARA BUCKLEY - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
The previous directors were dropped over creative differences. A stand-alone entry in the “Star Wars” franchise, the movie is still slated for May 2018.
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
John Mackey wanted to fight off the activist investors attacking Whole Foods. He found a savior in Amazon, a company blamed for laying waste to retailers.
- Chicken May Get More Expensive Because Birds Are Too Old And Fat To Breed
By Laura Northrup - Monday Jun 19, 2017
Years of very precise breeding means that modern poultry grow to massive sizes very quickly — sometimes in a matter of weeks. While this results in more meat in less time, it’s also causing a problem: Some birds are so top-heavy that they may not be all that interested in breeding, and there’s now an older breeding population of roosters …
- 300,000 year-old “early Homo sapiens” sparks debate over evolution
By Annalee Newitz - Sunday Jun 11, 2017
Some researchers call it a major breakthrough, but others say it's a "nothingburger."
- Turkey Drops Evolution From Curriculum, Angering Secularists
By PATRICK KINGSLEY - Friday Jun 23, 2017
A chapter on evolution will no longer appear in ninth graders’ textbooks because it is considered too “controversial” an idea, an education official said.
- Critic's Notebook: Foreign Horror TV Shows Are Light on Monsters, Heavy on Mood
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
On the streaming service Shudder, foreign series like “Jordskott” and “Penance” offer a classic psychological dread that’s in short supply on American TV.