Starting with David Brooks, here's the view that modern secular "moderates" and liberals take of the Western Enlightenment, which had its darker edges.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 05, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2014 - ENLIGHTEN HOOSICK LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- The Enlightenment: A Useful Myth
Sunday Jun 18, 2017
- Legislature set to adjourn without deal on mayoral control of schools
By Associated Press - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
New York lawmakers are ready to leave Albany—though they haven't yet agreed to extend Mayor Bill de Blasio's control of New York City schools.The Senate and Assembly are scheduled to wrap up...
To view the full story, click the title link.
- Fit City: Taking Night-Life Cue, Gyms Lower the Lights
By TATIANA BONCOMPAGNI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
- Rooted in Counterculture, Whole Foods’ Founder Finds an Unlikely Refuge
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED and ALEXANDRA STEVENSON - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- This Map Will Remind You Why You Can’t Always Trust Your Tap Water
By Eillie Anzilotti - Friday Jun 9, 2017
The most comprehensive resource to date on chemical contamination shows that the taps of 15 million Americans pour out unsafe water.
In 2014, Michael Hickey, a resident of Hoosick Falls, a small town in upstate New York, sent a sample of his tap water to a lab in Canada. Hickey’s father had died of cancer the year before, and he had long suspected the drinking water in his town of being unsafe for human consumption. Because Hoosick Falls is so tiny, the Environmental Protection Agency doesn’t test its water. So Hickey undertook the investigation independently. When the results came back from Canada, they showed a level of chemical contamination unsafe for human consumption.
- Critic's Notebook: Foreign Horror TV Shows Are Light on Monsters, Heavy on Mood
By MIKE HALE - Friday Jun 16, 2017
- Architects of Social Responsibility: Views of Humanitarian Architecture in Practice
By Jason Schneiderman - Tuesday Jun 6, 2017
What is the role of architecture in civil society, and how has the field’s involvement in humanitarian work changed the profession?
- Ask the NY Giants: Socks with Sandals?
Tuesday Sep 15, 2015