Built by a San Francisco architect as a summer retreat back in 1962, the property at 148 Madrone Road in Fairfax has many of the hallmarks of Bauhaus design, including white walls, open entertaining space, clean lines, and lots and lots of glass. In fact, the home is 70 percent glass, according to the listing
NYS Entity Status
- Dissolution by Proclamation / Annulment of Authority (Jan 25, 2012)
NYS Filing Date
FEBRUARY 20, 1992
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
1992 - EMPIRE GLASS BLOCK, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Bauhaus-inspired glass house in the Fairfax woods takes a 90K price cut to $1.16 million
By Emily Landes - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- 7 Frank Lloyd Wright Windows to Go Home
By EVE M. KAHN - Wednesday Jul 12, 2017
A newly restored house in Buffalo by Frank Lloyd Wright receives a bountiful stained-glass gift from the University of Victoria in Canada.
- Confused goat smashes business’ glass doors
By Tamar Lapin - Tuesday Jul 18, 2017
Ewe have goat to be kidding! A goat hellbent on destruction shattered the front doors of a Colorado plastics company, startling security camera footage shows. “For like 20 minutes he sat and banged on the front door,” Greg Cappaert an employee at Argonics Inc. told 9 News. “He must have seen his reflection in the...
- Insurance Giant Aetna Is Leaving Hartford for New York City
By SARAH MASLIN NIR - Thursday Jun 29, 2017
Aetna will move to new headquarters in Manhattan, drawn by New York’s emergence as a digital powerhouse, as well as financial incentives.
- China Disrupts WhatsApp Service in Online Clampdown
By PAUL MOZUR - Tuesday Jul 18, 2017
The last of Facebook’s major products that still worked in China was hit by government blocks, as Beijing broadly tightens its controls over the internet.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.