San Francisco software engineer Katie Hempenius was curious about which street corners foster the narcotics trade in the city, so she created heat maps based on SFPD data regarding drug-related incidents.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
MAY 23, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
2013 - EMPIRE CUTTING & CORING CO. LLC
AROUND THE WEB
- San Francisco's worst street corners for hard-core drug trafficking
By Mike Moffitt - Tuesday Sep 19, 2017
- Rise of the Empire expands Star Wars: Rebellion in all the right ways
By Ars Staff - Saturday Aug 12, 2017
Review: A new hope for the 3-hour board game.
- The complete history of the IBM PC, part two: The DOS empire strikes
By Ars Staff - Monday Jul 31, 2017
The real victor was Microsoft, which built an empire on the back of a shadily acquired MS-DOS.
- You Can Have Cheap Airfare Or Arrive On Time, But Not Both
By Laura Northrup - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
While sometimes it seems like discount airlines are about to impose a fee for not being punched in the face, it’s true that ultra low-cost carriers do have to cut corners somewhere. It turns out that it’s really expensive to get planes full of people anywhere on time. Frontier, which stranded customers in the wrong cities after not canceling …
- Third Point, a Hedge Fund, Sets Its Activist Sights on Nestlé
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Sunday Jun 25, 2017
The fund, run by Daniel S. Loeb, has called on the Swiss food giant to sell its stake in L’Oréal and move more quickly to adapt to changing consumer tastes.
- Heptio Pilots Businesses Toward Hybrid Cloud with $25M Investment
By Benjamin Romano - Wednesday Sep 13, 2017
The praise Heptio co-founder Joe Beda received after the Seattle startup company announced a $25 million funding round “seems a little strange,” he said in a tweet Wednesday, because the “real work” is still ahead. Thanks for all of the “congrats” but seems a little strange. We convinced VCs of good team and plan. Real […]