Start-up financiers have deferred boardroom control to founders in recent years. Travis Kalanick’s ouster indicates that could be changing.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 31, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS ASSOCIATES INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Silicon Valley Investors Flexed Their Muscles in Uber Fight
By KATIE BENNER - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
- State of the Art: Uber’s Lesson: Silicon Valley’s Start-Up Machine Needs Fixing
By FARHAD MANJOO - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Travis Kalanick, who stepped down as Uber’s C.E.O., had many enablers who turned a blind eye to the company’s faults because it was growing quickly.
- 3 Reno startups thriving beyond Silicon Valley
By Kevin Kelleher - Thursday Jun 15, 2017
Silicon Valley loves to talk about what makes it special: great universities, a networked VC community, quality of life. But rising rents and crowded freeways have strained that dream, and emerging tech hubs are enticing not only startups but talented workers who want something more. After years of drawing in educated tech workers, some areas […]
- Living the Urban Life Upstate
By KIM VELSEY - Friday Jun 16, 2017
A New York couple who prefer to rent in the thick of things, even in a Hudson Valley town.
- Tesla Replaces Chief of Self-Driving Software
Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
Chris Lattner, who Tesla announced in January was hired from Apple Inc. as vice president of Autopilot software, has left Elon Musk’s Silicon Valley auto maker.
- Climate Preparedness: Rotterdam Sets Example for Coastal Cities Threatened by Rising Seas
By Karen Kahn - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
While U.S. leaders dither, The Netherlands sees climate change as an opportunity to strengthen urban infrastructure and build more resilient communities.
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Inside Travis Kalanick’s Resignation as Uber’s C.E.O.
By MIKE ISAAC - Wednesday Jun 21, 2017
At a Chicago hotel on Tuesday, two venture capitalists presented Mr. Kalanick with a list of demands, including his resignation by the end of the day.