In a tight labor market, companies are looking to set up in cities with large numbers of the underemployed. In response, cities and economic-development agencies are touting this metric as a tool to lure employers.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
JANUARY 31, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC NOT-FOR-PROFIT CORPORATION
2014 - ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FOR CAP-HAITIEN, CORPORATION
AROUND THE WEB
- The New Corporate Recruitment Pool: Workers in Dead-End Jobs
Sunday Sep 10, 2017
- Of PILOTs and Corporate Megadeals
By Cyndi Suarez - Wednesday Sep 13, 2017
More and more cities are asking large nonprofit sector institutions to make payments in lieu of taxes. At the same time, they’re fighting bidding wars to attract large companies with megadeals of $50 million or more.
The post Of PILOTs and Corporate Megadeals appeared first on Non Profit News For Nonprofit Organizations | Nonprofit Quarterly.
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Federal Jail in Brooklyn Faces a String of Sexual Assault Cases
By JOSEPH GOLDSTEIN - Tuesday Aug 1, 2017
The Metropolitan Detention Center has relatively few female inmates. Yet it accounts for a disproportionate number of sexual assault cases involving them.
- New York Today: New York Today: New Subway Clocks
By JONATHAN WOLFE - Monday Aug 7, 2017
Monday: Rolling out new subway clocks, the Corkscrew Theater Festival, and National Lighthouse Day.
- The Look: New York City Parks in the Summer: Romance, Games and a Performance for a Dying Tree
By DANIEL ARNOLD, JOANNA NIKAS and EVE LYONS - Saturday Sep 2, 2017
Daniel Arnold spent the last two months photographing parks in all five boroughs. The experience showed him “a very different pulse of the city.”