Sempra Energy has reached a deal to buy Oncor for $9.45 billion after swooping in to snatch the power-transmission company away from Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
DECEMBER 30, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - EASTERN SITKA ENERGY, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Sempra Energy Reaches Deal to Buy Oncor After Outbidding Berkshire
Sunday Aug 20, 2017
- Berkshire Hathaway Makes a $9 Billion Bid for Energy Future Holdings
By MICHAEL J. de la MERCED - Friday Jul 7, 2017
The deal would augment Berkshire Hathaway Energy, whose collection of utilities delivers power to 11.6 million customers across the West and Midwest.
- Giant Panda No Longer on Endangered Species List
Tuesday Sep 6, 2016
The giant panda is no longer a critically endangered species, but the eastern gorilla is now classified as one, the International Union for Conservation of Nature says in the latest update of its "Red List." Photo: AFP/Getty
- Uber and Yandex, a Russian Ride-Hailing Rival, Opt to Share the Road
By MIKE ISAAC - Thursday Jul 13, 2017
The competitors have decided to stop battling for market share and instead operate jointly in a handful of Eastern European countries.
- EQT to Buy Rice for $6.7 Billion
Monday Jun 19, 2017
EQT Corp. agreed to buy Rice Energy Inc. for $6.7 billion in the latest proposed tie-up between energy producers suffering from low oil and gas prices.
- Elliott Set to Duel Berkshire for Energy Future's Oncor
Tuesday Jul 11, 2017
Paul Singer’s hedge fund is still pursuing Oncor, one of the largest power transmission utilities in the U.S., with a deal that it says is better than a buyout by Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc.