The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
SEPTEMBER 29, 2014
NYS DOS ID#
EARL L ARMSTRONG
120 MONROE STREET
BROOKLYN, NEW YORK, 11216
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2014 - E. L. ARMSTRONG ENTERPRISE, INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Psst…the Backdoor Route to a Roth IRA
By Your (optional) podcast author email address (Your (optional) podcast author name) - Monday Mar 3, 2014
High earners can’t contribute directly to popular Roth individual retirement accounts. But there’s still a way in. We explain a simple two-step strategy that works for many people. WSJ's Karen Damato explains.
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Martin Shkreli, ‘Pharma Bro,’ Prepares for Trial: ‘I’m So Innocent’
By STEPHANIE CLIFFORD - Thursday Jun 22, 2017
The former hedge fund manager, vilified by the public and politicians after increasing the price of a prescription drug, is facing eight counts of securities and wire fraud.
- Rare Louis Armstrong Footage Acquired by Museum
Thursday Apr 21, 2016
The Louis Armstrong House Museum has acquired the only known film footage of "Satchmo" in a recording studio. Image: Everett Collection
- Food & Wine Magazine Will Leave New York for Alabama
By STEPHANIE STROM - Friday Jun 23, 2017
The move reflects a changing business in which traditional food magazines, and a Manhattan address, are less important.
- Five Sites of New York’s L.G.B.T. History
Monday Jun 19, 2017
Jacob Riis Park, a Manhattan church, the Bum Bum Bar and more. In 360 degrees, visit five sites that helped shape New York City’s L.G.B.T. community and its history.