The Federal Trade Commission’s Funeral Rule exists to make sure that funeral homes don’t charge their customers extra if they choose to get some of the key services elsewhere, like ordering a casket from Costco or from Amazon. In the decades since that rule was implemented, some funeral homes have figured out new ways to effectively penalize customers for trying …
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 03, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - DOROTHY K. ROBESON EJ SIMMS FUNERAL SERVICES II INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- Funeral Homes Find Ways To Upcharge Customers Who Buy Caskets Elsewhere
By Laura Northrup - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- 'Star Wars Battlefront II' Maker Looks to Shift Revenue to Hyperspace
Monday Jun 12, 2017
Electronic Arts Inc. says it will release its latest Star Wars console videogame with the lucrative virtual enhancements commonly found in free mobile games.
- The Small Business Report, March 7, 2017
By email@example.com (Compass Media Networks) - Tuesday Mar 7, 2017
Recognizing and addressing employee burnout at your small business; and the funeral business offering eco-friendly services like biodegradable caskets.
- Cyclist Killed by Bus in New York’s First Citi Bike Fatality
By MATTHEW HAAG and HANNAH ALANI - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Dan Hanegby of Brooklyn fell under a bus’s tires in Chelsea. He worked for Credit Suisse and was once the top-ranked tennis player in Israel.
- Pride 2017: New York’s L.G.B.T.Q. Story Began Well Before Stonewall
By LIAM STACK - Monday Jun 19, 2017
The gay bar’s 1969 patron-police battle, hailed as a starting point, actually followed many events in the city, now mapped in a sites project.
- What We've Learned About Marketing To Baby Boomers
Tuesday Jan 3, 2017
Mark Twain wrote, "The problem isn't the things that we don't know; it's the things we 'know' that ain't so." His comment is simply a reflection of a common-sense reality. Today, marketing and sellingdraw on a lot of things "we 'know' that ain't so."
- Neighborhood Is Star-Spangled on Flag Day, and Every Day
By COREY KILGANNON - Tuesday Jun 13, 2017
Gerald Goldman, 94, a retired Marine who served in World War II, has made hundreds of wooden flags for friends, neighbors and local stores.