A Gowanus farmer’s writings from 1828 to 1830 describe burying them on property that includes the proposed site of a prekindergarten.
NYS Entity Status
NYS Filing Date
OCTOBER 03, 2013
NYS DOS ID#
NYS Entity Type
DOMESTIC BUSINESS CORPORATION
2013 - DOROTHY K. ROBESON EJ SIMMS FUNERAL SERVICES II INC.
AROUND THE WEB
- 19th-Century Diary Suggests Slaves Are Buried in Brooklyn Lot
By MICHAEL WILSON - Friday Aug 4, 2017
- A New Kind of Classroom: No Grades, No Failing, No Hurry
By KYLE SPENCER - Friday Aug 11, 2017
Mastery-based learning allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Michael K. Williams Is More Than Omar From ‘The Wire’
By NOAH REMNICK - Friday Jun 30, 2017
Mr. Williams has made a career of bringing nuance and contrast to his roles, inspired by the swaggering characters he grew up with in East Flatbush.
- Funeral Homes Find Ways To Upcharge Customers Who Buy Caskets Elsewhere
By Laura Northrup - Tuesday Jun 20, 2017
The Federal Trade Commission’s Funeral Rule exists to make sure that funeral homes don’t charge their customers extra if they choose to get some of the key services elsewhere, like ordering a casket from Costco or from Amazon. In the decades since that rule was implemented, some funeral homes have figured out new ways to effectively penalize customers for trying …
- Neighborhood Joint: Staubitz Market in Brooklyn: 100 Years of Sawdust, Steaks and Chops
By ANDREW COTTO - Wednesday Jun 14, 2017
A display contains frozen items, and the shelves are stocked with jars and cans. But there’s just one reason to visit this Boerum Hill business: meat.
- Funeral home shut down after maggots found in room with unrefrigerated bodies
By Associated Press - Thursday Jul 13, 2017
DETROIT — A Michigan funeral home has been shut down after inspections found maggots on the floor of a garage where unrefrigerated bodies were being stored, according to the state. The mortuary science licenses of the Swanson Funeral Home in Flint and manager O’Neil Swanson II are suspended, Michigan’s Licensing and Regulatory Affairs department said...